A native Texan, I am a life-long Christian who has been inspired and energized by progressive Christian theology. I have devoted my life to nurturing healthy, supportive community, both sacred and secular. (I don't really think there's a difference.) Mindfulness meditation in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hahn centers me in the presence of the sacred, and enables me to sustain the justice work for which I am passionate. I have a Music Education degree from Friends University, and a Master of Divinity from Iliff School of Theology.
● Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
● Waiting for Guffman
● To Kill a Mockingbird
Favorite Places to Eat
● Tacos Ernesto
● Pho & Grill
● Nonna Tata
● Fred’s Texas
● Cork & Pig
Favorite Things to Do
● Watch movies and great TV shows (so many choices, not enough time)
● Hang out with kids David, Sunny, and Hannah
● Cook and drink good wine with good friends
● Hike with dogs Denver, Mabel, and Shelbe
● Anything with my partner, Lisa
“Instructions for living a life. Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.” —Mary Oliver
A Random Fact about Me
My great-grandfather was an east Texas bootlegger who was killed in a skirmish over his still. Later, the man convicted of his murder was pardoned by the Governor of Texas.
Listen to some of my sermons.
Contact me via e-mail.